Support SDCGN’s Efforts to Grow Community Gardens In San Diego
Sign Up for More Information Here:
- Mosaic Community Garden Celebrates its Grand Opening on April 19th April 5, 2014
- Lack of access to water is the single most vexing problem for Community Gardens in San Diego November 19, 2013
- “Living Laboratories in Community Gardens” selected as a finalist. July 25, 2013
- How Urban Agriculture Is Revitalizing Local Economies Posted: 06/04/2013 June 8, 2013
- April Farm Bill Series March 28, 2013
Listen in with us to this Urban Agriculture Webinar this Friday!
Urban Agriculture: Economics, Successes and Challenges: Research, Outreach and Education Implications for the Northeast
This webinar will help:
- Provide an overview of the general issues of the economics of urban agriculture and ‘suburbanizing’ the city, and look at urban farming in practice in Baltimore – discussing some key challenges that urban farmers face and opportunities/resources to overcome those challenges;
- identify current efforts in research, teaching and extension that promote practical and profitable responses to urban agriculture challenges; and
- identify ‘ways forward’ to improve climate change research, teaching and extension collaborations across the region in an effort to help build stronger networks among land grant and related institutions in the Northeast.
This webinar is designed for research, teaching and extension professionals and practitioners engaged in work related to the Northeast regional food system.
For questions or more information, please contact Dr. Dee Singh-Knights, Assistant Professor, West Virginia University at 304-293-7606 or email@example.com.
Thanks to the Voice of San Diego’s 2013 Politifest, we have been able to help get the Mosaic Community Garden of Chula Vista started and teach a Eco-Technology and Urban Agriculture class in the garden!
"The garden is itself a living demonstration of practical means of diversifying our food supply, one that is open to the public to visit and learn from,” course facilitator Rosero Lecusay said. “Through the integration of our course with daily garden activities, garden memubers have gained experience in becoming digitally empowered spokespeople for the value of their garden.”
Join us at the grand opening of a new community garden in Carlsbad! The Calavera Schoolhouse Community Garden will be hosting a ribbon cutting ceremony and open house event on Saturday, June 28, 2014 from 1-4pm. 2997 Glasgow Drive, Carlsbad, CA.
For more informatio: http://gardentour.clairemontonline.com/
Eco-Technology and Urban Agriculture
Eco-Tecnología y Agricultura Urbana
Interested in a class that integrates science, art, sustainability, and gardening?
Let us know if you want to sign up for this FREE UCSD Extension course, taught by the San Diego Community Garden Network, and held in the Mosaic Community Garden of Chula Vista! All you have to do is commit to coming to the garden on April 26, May 17, June 7, June 27, and July 19. Class credit will only be given to ages 14 and over.
Email us at TheNetwork@sdcgn.org to reserve your spot in the class!